Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Can We Really Lose Weight Without Dieting?


Yes we can, and I believe in this!
Whenever I stand in front of the mirror, I complaint to myself about being overweight and out of shape. But I will continue to over-eat rather than take action to get control of my weight issue. I always take heart of the fact that the weight problem in general is at an epidemic high.
I like to believe that I am constantly trying to lose that excess weight and have, at one time or the other, tried all kinds of diets. I, and I am very sure that others are to, am constantly on the lookout for that perfect diet; that special tip or secret that will not only finally do what is promised, but ahem... and do it without affecting too much what I eat! Imagine that; a weight loss non-diet solution! Would not that be GREAT...
Having said all that, deep in my heart I know that if I am serious about losing weight, there are basically two essential elements.
First, I have to give up some habits in my life.I will have to change my eating habits, and that means including healthier foods into my meal regularly. However, I know that it is more important to eat the right type of food and the right portion intake. This is a much better option and more successful than prolong dieting.
Secondly,and this everybody keeps telling me and they are right, that one of the most important components of my weight loss program should be exercise! They say losing weight is a matter of removing the excess fat in my body. I am going to have to get out more and do more cardio exercise.
But almost all the time, I chose to ignore all the well-meaning advise...
The problem is, I know that overweight people like myself often lose our self-pride, not all the time but at one point or the other. Overweight people also tend to suffer more disease, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke and the likes. Obesity is actually responsible for more early deaths than smoking! Statistics have shown that people who are overweight or obese begin struggling with serious health problems at a much earlier age.
I also know that losing weight can be beneficial for our health on the long run. Women who feel they are not in good shape will feel a lot better when they lose a couple of kilograms. Research has shown that women who lost weight significantly over a period of time have proved to be cured from irregular periods. Whilst men who lost weight tend to produce more healthy semen.
There were times when I was successful in losing some weight; I do feel much better and fitter. This achievement, though not as much and as frequent as I want to, made me feel very proud of myself. I personally gained a sense of having accomplished a very difficult feat.
This well-deserved pride can have a powerful effect on my self-esteem and overall health and well-being. When we feel good about our body and about our looks, we tend to feel confident.
Being healthy is a complete physical, mental & social well-being, rather than simply the absence of disease or illness. Moderate weight really makes the body look good and strong; enhances our fitness and immune system.
We were born to live healthy and be happy. If we do choose a certain diet program, or like me, are looking for non-diet solution to lose weight, then we have to constantly remind our self that this is a long term goal.
Choose a suitable weight loss program to follow. Pace our self and do not be overly concern on what we cannot achieve today; just religiously continue with our planned regime.
In today's society, it's much more socially and psychologically relevant to look and feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment